Where do I begin? I don't even know what to entitle my blog it has been SOOOOOO long since I've written and there is soooooooo much to say.
First of all, I am back in Birmingham after 3 wonderful weeks with Peej, Baby Bennett, Brooke, Peter, David on the weekends and Leah and Matt for the first weekend! Although I am very happy to see my hubby, I miss even the tough times with the Vescovo's!
Some of you may not know that when Baby Bennett was 1 week old, Brooke woke up to feed him at 4:00 am and stepped into a puddle of water on her carpet in her bedroom. The den was even worse...it was ankle deep. 10 inches of rain in 5 hours made for a mini flood in the Vescovo household!
Even though they have drains in their backyard, they were not big enough to hold all the water that came pouring in. As we drove around in their neighborhood we saw that they were not the only ones who were blessed with the gift of water...but I'll be willing to wager I bet that they were the only ones who had a 1 week old who had flooding in their home!
Anyway, the floors were ripped out, the new drains were put in the backyard, we spent 2 nights in a hotel near their home, their bedroom furniture is sitting on concrete slab and their den furniture is in the really big dining room (which is technically a living room) with the D R table pushed against the wall. The den has a pathway of plywood going through it that makes SOOOOO much noise as you walk across it. Also, the slab in the den has tar on it. Evidently, when the house was built in 1968, that's the way wood floors were done. So, if you even barely slip off the plywood onto the tar, it tracks tar all over the place!
Now, put all of this together with an active 2 1/2 year old who has stopped taking naps since his brother was born, ( but who is still absolutely adorable!) a newborn, baseball season and pre-draft season for Daddy Peter and you have a much less than desirable transition from 1 child to 2 children!
Anyway, Brooke is handling everything as well as could be expected but it is a bit overwhelming!
No comments:
Post a Comment