Thursday, June 18, 2009

Happy Birthday, Leah


Leah is so precious and very special for many reasons but the reason that she was special to me before she was born is that she came about 1 1/2 years after Keith died.

As I have said before, I had friends and knew of people who had lost children and I did my own little "survey" and discovered that about 80% of people who lost children and had another child following the child that passed away had the opposite sex .

So, I KNEW that Leah would be a girl. She was the only child that I had that I absolutely KNEW what she would be.

AND...she was so sweet and precious. She had the skinniest little legs and bone straight hair!
Both Brooke and Keith had curly hair!

She found her thumb after a few days and it was so funny to see her suck that skinny little thumb! It was also GREAT because she was "self soothing" She would suck herself to sleep!
Aaaah! Of course, 9 years later it wasn't quite as adorable!

As she got a little older, she had to have a silky object before she would suck. She preferred a certain blanket that my grandmother made but if she couldn't find that anything would do....
my nightgowns, etc.

She was sweet and quiet and cooperative and smart!

Then, when she was in about 2nd grade we discovered that she was really athletic! She played softball, basketball and volleyball later on. She was a great swimmer also!

She has always been a blessing and a sweetheart! I love her so much!

2 comments:

Tracy's Porch said...

sweetness!

Leah said...

thanks mom! looking forward to seeing you tomorrow